An education creates an impact that can last generations. This journey begins with saving.
There’s no denying the benefits of an education: the ability to compete in today’s job market, increased earning power, and expanded horizons. But these advantages come at a price. And yet, year after year, thousands of students graduate from college. So, how do they do it?
Whether they want to grow up to be a farmer or a firefighter, as parents and grandparents we want to support them and their dreams, as best we can.
At EECU Retirement and Investment Services, one of our CUSO Financial Services L.P. (“CFS”)* Financial Advisors can help you; help your children and grandchildren by:
Discussing the different plans available and uncovering what’s best for your family:
- 529 Plans**
- Coverdell Education Savings Accounts
- UGMA & UTMA Custodial Accounts for Minors
Answer frequently asked questions by grandparents:
- Will Medicaid count my grandchild’s 529 plans as a part of my assets?
- Can I access the money in the event of an emergency?
- Can a 529 plan affect my grandchild’s chance of receiving Financial Aid?
To learn more about higher education planning needs, contact us today to schedule a complimentary, no-obligation appointment.